Friday, December 9, 2011

Bliss

I am in the house, alone, for the first time in as long as I can remember. And it's quiet. And wonderful. I dropped Fin off at daycare and dropped Derby off at the kennel for the weekend. And came home, to no one. It's pretty surreal right now so I thought I would quickly write about it.

There are a few things I have been able to do since coming home to an empty house that I haven't been able to do in a loooong time. I never realized I missed these things until just now.

1. I went to the bathroom, alone. I can't remember a time I ever thought this would become a novelty. I usually have a baby and a dog both vying for attention as I pee as fast as I can. I forgot what it was like to have a little privacy, and I have to say, it's pretty nice.

2. I ate an entire bowl of Cheerios. Crazy, I know. I didn't have to share with a grubby baby shouting "More!" or let a whiny pup lick the bowl at the end. They were mine, ALL MINE! Sweet, delicious O's.

3. I have on the news in the background as I write this. Real people, talking, about important things going on in the world. No red furry monsters, no word friends. People, people!

It's nice, getting to experience such luxuries. But I must admit that the longer I sit here, the more I miss my babies (one human, one furry). It's too quiet. I long for someone to whine at me.

Oh! I'm in luck. Bean just called. :)

0142_2
photo by Maggie J Photography

3 comments:

  1. Hooray for that alone time!!! I love it, too. I am often able to go OUT on my own (in the evening, after the kids are in bed), but I so rarely am at HOME alone. IT'S SO NICE! (But yeah, kinda quiet!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and you guys are freaking adorable. SO CUTE! And I love your scarf!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have fantasies about that now... except in mine, I don't have to pick up anyone else's stuff too. aaahhh... that is where it becomes unrealistic ;)

    ReplyDelete